.

"Black is very slimming. That's why I chose it as my official blog color."
- EmCat







Wednesday, March 31, 2010

What I Ate Day 37 and Sweat at the GymNAtion

Do you ever feel like the "Gym" is more like a "GymNAtion"? I mean you can find any type of person there: tall/small, thin/fat, male/female/hermaphrodite and every nationality to boot. It's a melting pot of sweat. Yikes - that stuff is everywhere at the gym and it seems like everyone is doing it - sheesh...what is wrong with this world? Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not some crazed hypochondriacal germophobe who's afraid of a little porously transferred bacteria. Okay - sometimes I am, but it never really hit me how disgusting sweat can really be.

It was suggested to me that it might be in my best weight loss interest to begin lifting some weights, so after I had done a little dreadmill I headed to the weight section of the gym. Now, the weight section of the gym scares me a little. I mean, it's intimidating enough going to the gym when every ounce of you jiggles when you're going to town on the elliptical machine, but to walk up the dreaded staircase to where the judgmental, swaggering meat-heads hang out (oi...now I'm the one being judgmental) is just downright frightening.

Anyhoo - the gym I go to has a designated section for those of us who have no idea what to do with a free-weight (or even know what a free-weight is). It's a circuit of machines that has a big sign on the wall next to it with step by step instructions on how to use the machine and how many reps to do and etc. I like to call it "Weightlifting for Dummies."

Every time I go to use the circuit a few meat-heads (I can't help the judgmental comments...it's who I am) are always using the machines because they don't want to wait in line for the regular ones in the meat-head section. I usually manage to work around them, but sometimes it's just annoying when your trying to go in a certain order and Joe Beefcake is taking his time and cutting into your routine.

This morning was no different. I walked up to the circuit and there were three guys there. I thought, "Hmm. Maybe I can work around them." The first machine in the circuit was being used, but by the time I got there the guy had just finished. I walked up to it and sitting there like it had always been there was the Lake Erie of Sweat. Now the mom in me just acted instinctively and began to wipe up the sweat with the towel I brought out of respect to the other GymNAtion attendees who weren't interested in seeing my sweat everywhere. After I had realized what I had just done, I looked at the towel in my hand and said, in a loud voice for all to hear, "Ooooh..that is just gross."

Sweat-boy just looked at me a little sheepishly and I retreated to do a little elliptication.

I think I'm going to go for a walk outside tomorrow. Ew.

Here's what I ate today:

Breakfast
8oz Skim Milk - 90 Calories
1 Sm. Banana - 90 Calories
1 Scoop Whey Protein - 95 Calories
Total Breakfast: 285 Calories

Snack
8 Reduced Fat Wheat Thins - 65 Calories
1 T Almond Butter - 90 Calories
1/2 Apple - 45 Calories
Total Snack: 200 Calories

Lunch
Turkey Sandwich (Sandwich Round (100), Deli Turkey (45), Low Fat Laughing Cow (35), Lettuce/Tomatoes (2), Mustard (2), 1/8 tsp Light Mayo (2)) - 186 Calories
1/2 Apple - 45 Calories
Total Lunch: 231 Calories

Snack
2 Tacos Al Carbon from El Pollo Loco - 306 Calories
Total Snack - 306 Calories

Dinner
2 Chicken Burritos (Wheat Tortillas (220), Chicken (50), 1/4 C. Brown Rice & Black Beans (50), Veggies (10), Salsa (5)) - 335 Calories
Total Dinner - 335 Calories

Snack
Skinny Cow Ice Cream - 140 Calories
Total Snack: 140 Calories

Total Calories for Day 37: 1497
Total Water for Day 37: 1 Gallon
Exercise for Day 37: 30 Minutes Dreadmill and Elliptication

1 comment:

TheDooleys4 said...

Ok~You've inspired me....My weight has yo-yod since Shannon was born. And although I've had some good success on extreme diets. Once I go off of it, I gain it all back. I need a lifestyle change. And I'm starting monday.....Right there with you. Just wish we lived next to each other so we could really do this together. Thanks Em.For being brave enough to go public with this....