.

"Black is very slimming. That's why I chose it as my official blog color."
- EmCat







Wednesday, March 10, 2010

What I Ate Day 15 and I Might Be In and Out for a While

From now until Sunday evening, my life is going to be an absolute fiasco. I have to attend the Health Food Industry's biggest trade show of the year. Can I tell you how much I HATE it? Abhorrence, revulsion, odium, un-adulterated loathing (let's just say...I loathe it all)...yeah...I've been to this thing every year for at least 7 years and I can't think of anything positive to say about it. I will be on my feet from 8am to 7pm Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Most of it will entail me being watched like a hawk from my company's high executives (which is the most exhausting thing about it). It depletes me of all of my energy and desire to do anything but come home and veg on the couch for the remainder of the night. This is just a warning that I may not be logging my calories for the next few days, but rest assured that I will TRIUMPH and stick with my diet.

Love,
Em-Cat

Here's what I ate Day 15:

Breakfast

8oz Skim Milk - 90 Calories
1 Scoop Whey Protein - 95 Calories
3/4 Large Banana - 90 Calories
1 Slice Ezekiel Bread - 80 Calories
1 tsp Olive Oil Spread - 10 Calories

Total Breakfast: 365 Calories

Snack

Brown Rice Crackers - 120 Calories
1 T Almond Butter - 90 Calories

Total Snack: 210 Calories

Lunch

Baja Fresh Baja Ensalada - 310 Calories
1/2 serving Corn Chips - 110 Calories

Total Lunch - 420 Calories

Snack

1/2 Banana - 45 Calories
1T Almond Butter - 90 Calories

Total Snack: 135 Calories

Dinner

1/2 Serving BBQ Chicken - 350 Calories
A Few Bites of Potato Salad and Coleslaw - 150 Calories
Green Salad - 35 Calories
Splash of Vinaigrette Dressing - 10 Calories

Total Dinner - 545 Calories

Total Calories for Day 15: 1675
Total Water for Day 15: 65 Oz (I need to get better at this!)

4 comments:

naomi3 said...

How do you get calories at a restaurant, like for your subway sandwich?

neicesusan said...

Just think by Monday the week will be a blur and you'll be back to the normal schedule. You can do it while you are there. How exciting, your progress is wonderful.
I am still plugging along staying on track, I still need to be drinking more water. We will know where every bathroom is in town and out of town too. (smile) See you soon.

Em-Cat said...

Naomi - A lot of the healthier restaurants will post nutritional information of their menu items on their website (which is what Subway does). That's how I got the calories for my subs. There's also a website called calorieking.com and they generally have the calories for many of the fast food or chain restaurant places. Sometimes I have to input everything into calorie king and figure it out myself, but that's rare...it's a pretty good site.

TheDooleys4 said...

Oh and you won't even get to see Keith this year....He got a new job a few months ago and is no longer in "the health nut" industry......Hang in there girlie. I'm really so inspired by you...