.

"Black is very slimming. That's why I chose it as my official blog color."
- EmCat







Monday, March 8, 2010

What I Ate Day 14 and Some Thoughts

I began this journey on a whim. I was on a semi-long drive and something clicked in my heart. I had my sweet, precious J in the back seat and I was thinking about the future. I realized that if I continued on the path I was going, I may have a life cut short. I thought about family members who have so many health problems because of prolonged, poor dietary choices.

I come from a family where, if you looked at photos of my ancestors, you would understand why we have such struggles with weight. I definitely could use that as an excuse, but I don't want to. I want to break the cycle. I will always struggle with weight, my children may always struggle with their weight, but if I start now to create healthy eating habits and an active lifestyle, we may not need to worry as much.

I love my husband and baby so much that I want to live a long life with them by my side. I want to be an example to my son and future children and grandchildren. To show them that our bodies are gifts from God and sentinels of our spirit. We aren't meant to damage them or take them for granted. We are meant to reverently care for what God has so graciously given us.

I want to live the Word of Wisdom, not just by staying away from coffee, alcohol and other addictive substances, but by eating foods that are good for my body and spirit. By exercising and doing active things as a family. I want to be like Nephi of old and shout to my soul, "Awake! Take hold of your life and live it to its fullest potential."

This is just as much of a spiritual journey as it is physical. Just as I need your help on this journey of mine, I know I also need to solicit God's help. I know He will help me through this race. I know with His help I will reach my goals of weight loss and beyond.

Faith is a beautiful thing.

Here's what I ate on Day 14:

Breakfast

8oz Skim Milk - 120 Calories
1 Scoop Whey Protein - 95 Calories
1 6 Inch Banana - 90 Calories
1 Slice Ezekiel Bread - 80 Calories

Total Breakfast: 385 Calories

Snack

1 Slice Ezekiel Bread - 80 Calories
1T Almond Butter - 90 Calories

Total Snack: 170 Calories

Lunch

6 Inch Chicken Breast Subway on Wheat - 370 Calories
Apple Slices - 35 Calories

Total Lunch: 405 Calories

Snack

1 String Cheese - 80 Calories

Total Snack: 80 Calories

Dinner

Veggie Omlette (2 Eggs (180), Turkey Sausage (120), Veggies (35), 1 Slice Cheese (120)) - 455 Calories
Potatoes - 110 Calories
2 tsp Olive Oil - 80 Calories

Total Dinner: 645 Calories

Total Calories for Day 14: 1685 (A bit higher than usual, but not too bad)
Total Water for Day 14: 80 oz (Ugh...what is my water problem?)
Exercise for Day 14: A nice long brisk walk with friends (It was a good day)

2 comments:

k8theriver said...

my mom lost a lot of weight by thinking of sugar as an addiction. she felt like she was sinning by not taking care of her body. this gave her the self-control to follow the word of wisdom and eat healthy.

Evaly said...

What a touching post. Love you! I hope your trade show goes by quickly and something really funny happens that will make it not so horrible :)