.

"Black is very slimming. That's why I chose it as my official blog color."
- EmCat







Saturday, March 6, 2010

Days 10, 11 and 12...oi...Has it been that long?


We came home last night from my father-in-law's birthday party to this little beauty! A HUGE thanks to my girl Chela. I'm sure you're trying to make up for the cookies - but you know you didn't need to. Robbie had a great time eating the cookies for me (he didn't save me one for my cheat day...hmpf...) I can't wait to try all the healthy goodies she left for me!

This week has been challenging. I haven't fallen off the wagon, but a nasty cold has put a damper in my goal of working out. I did take my little munchkin for a walk yesterday morning, but my cough is still there. Thank heavens I feel much better now though.

Rather than bore you all with what I ate for the past three days, I totaled my calories for days 10 and 11. I've listed what I ate for day 12 below:

Total Calories Day 10: 1473
Total Oz Water Day 10: 100

Total Calories Day 11: 1450
Total Oz Water Day 11: 100

What I ate day 12:

Breakfast

8oz Skim Milk - 90 Calories
1 Scoop Protein Powder - 95 Calories
1 Slice Ezekiel Bread - 80 Calories
1/2 tsp Olive Oil Spread - 10 Calories

Total Breakfast - 275 Calories

Snack

Brown Rice Crackers - 120 Calories
1 T Almond Butter - 90 Calories
2 Mini Carrots - 15 Calories

Total Snack - 225 Calories

Lunch

Cafe Rio Tortilla Soup - 350 Calories (This is an approximation...they didn't have nutritional values available)

Total Lunch - 350 Calories

Snack

2 Mini Carrots - 15 Calories
1 T Almond Butter - 90 Calories

Total Snack - 105 Calories

Dinner*

Very Small Portion of Spaghetti - 75 Calories
1 Small Slice Garlic Bread - 60 Calories
1 Apple - 90 Calories

Total Dinner - 225 Calories

Total Calories for Day 12: 1180 (Way too low! Shame on me.) Total Water for Day 12: 75 oz (Bad me on the water for Day 12 too!)
*We were at a family party last night and there wasn't anything I could really eat so I had to pick the lesser of evils. When all was said and done, my blood sugar had dropped and I had to eat an apple by the time we left. I need to plan a little better and bring a salad to share with everyone and so I have some healthier options at big gatherings.

2 comments:

neicesusan said...

Em,
Days fly by don't they. It is hard when you are out of your element eating. Friday I was at my grandson's all day. I brought some stuff and then just tried to make the best choices I could. I didn't journal but I knew I wasn't way off course. This morning I had a great breakfast. One shredded wheat biscuit topped with five strawberries cut up small and a half of bananas cut up on top with some splenda and a little milk. It tasted like a strawberry shortcake....yum...Have a good day.

California Mom said...

I was sure proud of you yesterday! You were eating a colorful, crunchy, tasty, juicy apple at the birthday party. It made me want to go into the kitchen and look for another one.
It sure looked tastier than what we did to the cake. Home made carrot cake bathed in a lake of wax. 114 candles for your father-in-law and his twin, and we couldn't even get that many to stay lit all at the same time. But under all that wax the cake was still delicious!