.

"Black is very slimming. That's why I chose it as my official blog color."
- EmCat







Monday, March 15, 2010

What I Ate Day 21 and Some Questions

Okay...so this is the time where I wonder out loud how it is I'm going to have the patience to get through this. I've always known that when you're trying to lose weight you need to have staying power. My question is...do I have the power? I mean, I didn't lose any weight last week and I'm kind of annoyed by it. I'm cool with a few pounds a week, but none...I'm not cool with. I'm frankly discouraged by it. Ugh...why is it so frustrating? It just makes me want to eat a cookie. Don't worry - I'm not going to, but dag-nabit I WANT TO!!!

In a perfect world, I would want the weight to have melted off in two weeks after the baby was born and to look like a super model three weeks after. Fortunately this isn't a perfect world and I'm going to need to fight the good fight for the rest of my life. We don't learn from anything that's easy - right? Why does it have to be so exhausting?

Here's what I ate day 21:

Breakfast

8oz Skim Milk - 90 Calories
1 Scoop Whey Protein - 95 Calories
1 Small Banana - 90 Calories

Total Breakfast: 275 Calories

Snack

Handful of Mixed Nuts - 200 Calories

Total Snack: 200 Calories

Lunch

Carne Asada Meat - 125 Calories
2 Corn Tortillas - 118 Calories
Onions/Cilantro - 8 Calories
Tomatoes and Carrots - 20 Calories

Total Lunch: 271 Calories

Snack

1 Slice Ezekiel Bread - 80 Calories
2 tsp Almond Butter - 60Calories
Wheat Crackers - 90 Calories

Total Snack: 230 Calories

Dinner

Chicken Breast Subway w/ Avocado and Cheese - 410 Calories
Apple Slices - 35 Calories

Total Dinner: 445 Calories

Total Calories for Day 21: 1421
Oz of Water for Day 21: 96

3 comments:

neicesusan said...

Hi Em,
It can be frustrating when you don't lose or go up a little. You have to remember you are a mom and working too! You did the convention and didn't gain weight...you need to be proud of yourself for that...ok!
Maybe you could try watching salt intake and try a different menu for breakfast. Don't give up! I am still plugging along and I get tempted to but I try to have ready available healthy snacks that are planned. I also have a drawer with a couple sugar free candies. CVS has their brand, cinnamon, rootbeer barrels etc that are good. I need a treat to feel "special" or "normal" I try to have a popsicle type thing for emergencies.. I have cut my sugar real far down and I feel so much better. I was definitely eating too much sugar...Good luck

k8theriver said...

i've only lost one of my ten pounds. lame. but i did eat the cookie--don't do it! especially if it is a samoa girl scout cookie because it is impossible to eat just one.
you are doing awesome.

Katie said...

I always retain water when I stand on my feet at work, and I would NEVER weigh myself after a long day of standing! Give yourself a break. It sounds like you have a free day, which is really important because it will help you stick with your strict diet (and you are being VERY strict). Also, consistency is key (as I'm sure you know) but you WILL have results even if it's not every week if you stick with it. There is no way you won't! Just don't deprive yourself too much to the point where it makes you want to give up. Don't dip too low in calories either, you always make up for it by eating worse later.