.

"Black is very slimming. That's why I chose it as my official blog color."
- EmCat







Monday, April 5, 2010

What I Ate day 42 and The Facts

Yes it's true. I'm begining to cop the attitude. You know the one where I complain that I work so hard, but the pounds never seem to shed. Blah. Blah. Blah. It's also true that muscles weigh more than fat, but when I look down at that scale I want to see results dagnabit! Deep breaths...deep breaths...slow and steady...slow and steady.

Thank you to all who've commented to make me feel better about my slow weight loss and to stroke my ego a bit.

Here are the facts (that is if you really even care what the facts truly are):
  1. My hair and skin look fabulous lately. Robbie even told me I was glowing the other night. (I love it when he sucks up to me...he always gets bonus points and he knows it - dagnabit (I'm really enjoying that word today!)).
  2. I don't get so winded when I walk up a hill.
  3. I'm getting better at pilates which means my muscles are getting stronger (I am woman - hear me ROAR!).
  4. I'm not retaining as much water and my fingers don't look so chubby.
  5. I've always hated my chubby fingers.
  6. I looked in the mirror today and I felt like I saw a skinnier me.
  7. I have a TON of energy and mental clarity.
  8. I'm going to confess on this one: I really don't want to lose weight for health purposes. Deep down inside I just want to look smokin' in a bathing suit come summer time, but at this rate - that's probably not going to happen. *Sigh*
  9. I'm totally vain and self absorbed. Well - maybe not really, but kind of!?!? I mean I think we all wish we looked like a super model, but since this is a reality blog, I'd just like my butt to look fairly decent in a pair of jeans.

What to do...what to do? I guess just keep trucking along with my diet. I know I'm going to need to change up my routine a bit for the weight to keep falling off, but I don't feel quite ready for that. For now...I'm going to keep on counting...

Here's what I ate today:

Breakfast
8oz Rice Milk - 120
1 Scoop Whey Protein - 95
1 Banana - 90
Total Breakfast: 305 Calories

Lunch
6 inch Chicken Breast Subway w/ Avo - 370
1/2 bag apple slices - 17
Baked Lays - 130
Total Lunch: 517 Calories

Snack
Crackers - 60
Kashi Go Lean Roll - 190
Total Snack: 259 Calories

Dinner
Egg Whites - 50
Turkey Bacon - 76
Whole Wheat Pancakes w/Sugar Free Syrup - 325
1/2 Yogurt - 80
Total Dinner: 531

Total Calories for Day 42: 1612 (Dagnabit...I totally went over today. I wasn't very careful!)
Total Water for Day 42: 1 Gallon
Exercise for Day 42: Buns and Thighs Pilates Workout Video

1 comment:

Chuck & Sue said...

Em--it sounds like you are doing amazing!!! look at all that you have accomplished!! YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!! Keep up the great work and the pounds will come off!!!