.

"Black is very slimming. That's why I chose it as my official blog color."
- EmCat







Sunday, April 4, 2010

Week 7 Stats and Goals and Starvation Mode

I worked really hard last week. At least I felt I did. I (mostly) reached my goals with drinking water and exercise, but I had very few changes in my weight and inches. This is really frustrating and make me want to throw it all down the toilet. Do I need to lower my calories? I don't think so, they're pretty low as it is and I want to do this being has healthy as possible. Maybe I need to cut carbs or sugar now or start lifting weights. Maybe I'm just in starvation mode and I need to stick to what I'm doing until my body is forced to start losing weight. What do you guys think?

Here are my stats:

Height: 63 Inches
Weight: 189.6 (No change from last week and a total of 8.6 lbs from week one)
Waist: 35 Inches (No change from last week and a total of 6 inches down from week one)
Hips: 39 Inches (Down 1 Inch from last week and a total of 3 inches down from week one)
Body Fat: 35.3% (Down 1.2% from last week and a total of 9.3% down from week one)
BMI: 33.6 (No change from last week and a total of 1.1 points down from week one)
Dress Size: 14-ish (But getting loser)

My goals for week 7 are:

Calories: 1400-1600 per Day
Water: 1 Gallon per Day
Exercise: 6 Days this week, using weights 3 different times

4 comments:

Blaine and Justine Seamons said...

I think you are doing great. COUNT YOUR SUCCESSES!!

Haley said...

You are doing great! I talked to my sister today and she has a diet she loves! Both my sister and I are always starving when we diet. We always feel hungry and that's no fun. And I've hit a wall with weight loss. She has been doing a belly fat diet (can't remember the name) where you only eat 15 grams of sugar a day and limit the carbs. She LOVES it and always feels satisfied now and has lost 6 pounds the last month, which sounds like a healthy amount and she's not hungry all the time. You can eat whatever else you want (within reason and I would think still healthy foods) but the carb and sugar limiting are the key. This way, my sister feels like her blood sugar isn't all over the place and she's satisfied. It makes sense to me and I might just try it. I think I could do the sugar part but the carb limiting is so hard. Something to think about. I'll let you know how I do.

TheDooleys4 said...

You are doing Great Miss Em! From what I understand it's totally normal to have a plateu at this point. Especially when you are exercising and lifting weights because you are gaining muscle mass....Keep it up!

Shana said...

Remember when you are exercising you gain muscle as well....