.

"Black is very slimming. That's why I chose it as my official blog color."
- EmCat







Tuesday, February 23, 2010

What I ate...And a Sick Baby

I wasn't able to go to the gym today. J's really sick and he needs his mommy. The poor thing has never been sick and he doesn't really know why he feels this way. I'm super paranoid because I've never had a sick baby before! Poor Baby! I'm going to try to do a workout video later on today for missing the gym.

Anyhoo...here is what I ate yesterday and the calories that go with it:

Breakfast

8oz Diluted "Just Pomegranate" Juice (to dilute it I add 4oz of unsweetened pomegranate juice and add water to make 32oz - similar to the cranberry water from the Fat Flush Plan. I can't do cranberry because it causes me to have monstrous kidney stones.) - 19 Calories

2T Ground Flaxseed (I love Barlean's the best) - 80 Calories

8oz glass of water with the juice of a half of lemon - 6.5 Calories

8oz Skim Milk - 90 Calories

1 Scoop Vanilla Whey Protein - 95 Calories

Total Breakfast: 290.5 Calories


Snack

Apple - 95 Calories

String Cheese - 80 Calories

Apple Cider Vinegar Chewable - 10 Calories

Total Calories: 185


Lunch

1/2 Ezekiel English Muffin - 80 Calories

1tsp Olive Oil Margarine - 20 Calories

Grilled Chicken Salad (Grilled Chicken (110), Red Leaf Lettuce (10), 1/2 Tomato (12), Baby Carrots(10), 1/2 Avocado (117)) - 259 Calories

2 TBS - Olive Oil Vinegarette - 60 Calories

Total Calories: 419 Calories


Dinner

2 Egg (34 - Don't eggs have more calories than that? That's all I could find...let me know if it should be different) Omelet (Turkey Sausage (120), Cheese (110), Bell Peppers (2), Tomatoes (7), Avocados (117)) - 390 Calories

Ezekiel English Muffin - 160 Calories

2tsp Olive Oil Margarine - 40 Calories

Total Calories: 590 Calories

Snack

8oz Skim Milk - 90 Calories

1 Scoop Chocolate Protein Powder - 140 Calories

Total Calories: 230 Calories


Total For Day One - 1714.5 Calories

So, I haven't decided if the above number is what I should go for or not. I probably need to cut out a few more things, but I think I'll stick to around 1800 calories for this week and see where it gets me when I weigh in next Monday.

My Goal for This Week: Drink more water and absolutely no refined sugar. (ugh...it's gonna be tough)

7 comments:

Betsy Hite Reddoch said...

Whole eggs have 80-90 calories each, but maybe you were just seeing the calories for the egg whites, which have about 10-15 calories each.

A great site to track your food is fitday.com which is free and allows you to track your food, exercise and weight. They'll even calculate how many calories you should eat to reach a specific weight goal. Good luck with the no sugar - that is tough!

Ron's Bio said...

I use Splenda. I don't use it all the time, and every time I use it, Gavin says mom you are going to go blind! I think I would have to eat a ton of it. I have to have sweet, and I can't have too much because of the diabetes. I'm counting carbs as that what I should do, and I can have 180 a day. Not too bad. Nor sure what the calories for that would be.
I like the idea of the fitday.com. I will have to check that out.

naomi3 said...

That comment was mine, not Ron's ahhhhh!

Katie said...

Fructose is an even better choice because it's a natural sugar but much sweeter than sugar. I buy it in bulk at a local grocery store here.

Way to go on getting your health back! I work with patients with Cardiac disease and most of them are overweight. You don't have to be skinny to be healthy!! Just make good choices and excercise and you will be in good health (losing weight is usually an added benefit :-)

One thing that works for me is to never get too hungry. Looks like you are doing great with your frequent snacking. I always try to include tons of fiber and protien in every meal, to stay full.

You are awesome! With your determination you will be running come summer!

k8theriver said...

well...i ate a crispy cream donut. i didn't BUY it but i didn't even try to resist the offer.
but i ran 4 miles today! so maybe it will even out.

Melissa said...

Yup, eggs are around 80 or so calories, but Egg Beaters are a great substitute as long as you season them well.

Here's my favorite Egg Beaters recipe

1/2 c. Egg Beaters 60 cal.
1 T. Hormel Real Bacon Bits 25 cal.
1 Laughing Cow Light wedge 35 cal.

Mix in a mug (or bowl). Microwave for 1 minute. Stir. Microwave for 40 seconds. Yum. Fast. 120 Calorie Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner. (1/2 cup Egg Beaters = 2 whole eggs)

Mumacita said...

I stopped eating sugar when Aunt Rachel died 1/1/09. For me eating sugar was just a symptom of my food addiction (turning to food instead of God for comfort, strength to handle stress etc). It takes about 90 days to change brain chemistry when it is an addiction. Turning my weakenesses over to my Savior who has the power to heal be has brought me sobriety for 1 yr and almost 3 months. Sometimes I just have to pinch myself, cuz I just can't believe that cravingfor desserts/processed sugars is GONE. I found out the Lord was willing to help me stop being a food addict. One craving at a time. And now it is natural sugars like stevia for me.