.

"Black is very slimming. That's why I chose it as my official blog color."
- EmCat







Monday, February 22, 2010

Week One - Starting Out

Hey there! Well. I got up this morning at 6am and headed straight to the gym. I'm really serious about this and I know I can do it. Thank you to all of you who have commented! It really is getting me more and more motivated. Okay - here are my stats for this week:

Height: 63 Inches
Weight: 198.2 (Yeah - I had a great birthday weekend :-)
Waist: 41"
Hips: 42"
Body Fat: 44.6%
BMI: 34.7 kg/m2
Dress Size: 14-ish

Sometimes it's so funny to go to the gym. There are so many "different" people to watch.

As I walked into the gym, I headed straight to the elliptical machines. There was a woman mulling around them. I walked up to a machine and the lady just about jumped on top of me. I guess she had chosen that machine and she really started to lose it when it looked like I was going to steal it from her. Sheesh - I'll go to the next one over - crazy.

So I get set up and get going with my workout. She (literally) jumps on to her machine and starts working out at like 700 miles an hour. I look over and she's guzzling a huge Starbucks Coffee - while working out! "Ooooookay" I thought, "that explains the 700 mile-an-hour elliptication." Well, all of a sudden she's out of coffee and she jumps (literally) off the machine and instantly returns with a caffeinated energy drink. Seriously - I don't think speed could have made her fly higher. I should have taken her car keys from her...people shouldn't drive buzzed like that!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Go, Em-sis.

Melissa said...

You inspire me! I'm going to do this with you. I'm gonna hit the treadmill right after work! Go Em!

Em-Cat said...

Yay Lissers! We can do this together. As my friend Sondra says "Nothing feels as good as thin and nothing tastes as good as thin feels." We can do it!

lindylou said...

You rock Em! I love ya and will be sending happy thoughts your way! (and I'll email ya some thoughts on how I lost my weight lol)

Sarah said...

Go EM! You're off to a good start

Betsy Hite Reddoch said...

Hi Emily! I stalkerishly found your blog by clicking around from other ward member's blog rolls :) Good luck to you on your journey! What gym do you work out at? Maybe we could go together some time. xo, Betsy

Betsy Hite Reddoch said...

I too work out at 24 Hour Fitness (that is when I DO work out... which hasn't been much lately). I can do early mornings, evenings and weekends. And YES, Nick told me that you were friends from way back when, which he didn't even realize either. Too funny! Email me (betsyreddoch@gmail.com) or give me a call and we'll work out some details. Yay!

Sabby said...

You are awesome, I am cheering for you! I too need some inspiration, thanks for sharing! Oh and happy belated B-day, I totally thought of you all day but somehow never picked up the phone. Sorry friend, I hope it was a great one!

California Mom said...

Good Luck Em. You can do it!♥♥

Cecily R said...

Elliptication is my new favorite word. Awesome.

You totally rock. If only we lived closer I would be SO down with doing some elliptication with you!!

Darlene said...

Hey you are doing really good. Keep posting what you are eating as it helps. Keep up the good work. Love you