.

"Black is very slimming. That's why I chose it as my official blog color."
- EmCat







Saturday, February 27, 2010

What I Ate Day 5 and A Dilema

So I have a problem. I've been trying to keep my calories around 1800 per day. I know I should probably make it a little lower if I'm really serious about losing weight - but I really feel like I want to take it slowly and I just want to start out at 1800 and then reduce it little by little.

Here's my dilema:

It takes so much to get my baby and myself ready plus get all my office work done. I'm lucky to get out to my accounts by 9:30am (that's SUPER early actually). Amidst all the hubub of getting out the door, I totally forget to pack some healthy snacks I can have while driving, so I haven't been snacking lately, which drastically reduces my calories for the day. You'll see, yesterday I only had about 1500. I really want to be consistent, but I just don't feel like I have time to pack something every day. I need to figure it out, or just get the ball rolling with having healthy snacks on hand. Hmmm... Any Ideas? I'm really on a roller coaster of calories right now and that can't be good for my metabolism.

Here's what I ate today:

Breakfast


8 oz DILUTED Pomegranate Water – 19 Calories

2T Ground Flaxseed – 80 Calories

½ T. Almond Butter – 45 Calories

1 Slice Ezekiel Bread – 80 Calories

8oz Rice Milk – 120 Calories

1 Scoop Vanilla Whey Protein – 95 Calories


Total Breakfast: 439 Calories


Snack


1 Medium Apple – 95 Calories


Total Snack: 95 Calories


Lunch


6 Inch Oven Roasted Chicken Breast Subway w/ Veggies and Just Mustard (no mayo) – 320 Calories

Apple Slices – 35 Calories

1T Almond Butter – 90 Calories


Total Lunch: 445 Calories


Snack


1 String Cheese – 80 Calories

Whole Wheat Crackers – 140 Calories


Total Snack: 220 Calories


Dinner


1 Whole Wheat Sandwich Round – 100 Calories

2 Eggs – 180 Calories

2 Slices of Deli Turkey – 20 Calories

Carrot Sticks – 20 Calories


Total Dinner: 320 Calories


Total Calories for Day 5: 1519 Calories


4 comments:

Shana said...

Not that I'm any good at this, but on Sunday you should spend an hour and put together all your snack for the whole week. That way you can just grab "that days" worth of snacks in the fridge and you are on your way. Just a thought. You go girl!!

neicesusan said...

Hi Em,
One idea is when you buy your produce cut everything up right away, celery, other veggies, cut grapes in small bunches, etc so ready to grab. Then if you buy bag of rice cakes or other lowfat snacks bag immediately into portions in ziploc bags so that you can grab when you need them. One trick is freezing grapes in small bags, when you eat them it is like little popsicles. Yum! You could even spread your celery with your almond butter ahead of time and bag and refrigerate...Keep it up! I'm there too...........

Haley said...

Do you plan out what you are going to eat ahead of time? Planning is key. Then just stick to the plan. :) Have those snackies ready the night before. You can do it.

Haley said...

And I'm curious how you do your weigh ins? I never know when and how often is best...