.

"Black is very slimming. That's why I chose it as my official blog color."
- EmCat







Wednesday, February 24, 2010

What I Ate Day 2

J is doing a little better. I took him to the Dr. and he said it's teething on top of a cold. The poor little guy is miserable and has a fever...and of course I'm super paranoid. Needless to say, I didn't make it to the gym yesterday, but I did keep up my calorie counting. Betsy, thanks for the suggestion of fitday.com, I'm totally going to try it.

Breakfast

8oz Diluted "Just Pomegranate" Juice - 19 Calories

2T Ground Flaxseed - 80 Calories

8oz glass of water with the juice of a half of lemon - 6.5 Calories

8oz Skim Milk - 90 Calories

1 Scoop Vanilla Whey Protein - 95 Calories

Total Breakfast: 290.5 Calories


Snack

String Cheese - 80 Calories
ACV Chew - 10 Calories

Total Snack: 90 Calories

Lunch

Baja Fresh Mango Chipotle Salad

(I had a few bites of the deep fried tortilla shell (I know shame on me) and didn't use any dressing. I looked on their website and they didn't list nutritional information for this, so I used the "Baja Ensalada" and added the calories for avocado and a few bites of tortilla shell)

Total Lunch - Approximately 500 Calories (I'll be sure to pick a different salad next time)

Dinner

(I don't know what it is, I just crave breakfast for dinner lately!)

2 Egg Whites - 50 Calories

Mixed Fruit - 93 Calories

Turkey Bacon - 71 Calories

1 Whole Wheat Pancake - 155 Calories

1T Sugar Free Syrup - 17 Calories

1/2 tsp Butter - 20 Calories

Total Dinner - 406 Calories

Total Calories for Day 2 - 1286.5

Okay - so my calories for yesterday are significantly lower than Monday. All I can say is that I didn't have time to snack yesterday! Between working and taking J to the doctor and (literally) driving all over tarnation, I just didn't have the time to sit and think about how hungry I was...which is a good thing, I guess. Monday was an office day so I was home (thinking about food) all day long. I can't decide what a good amount of calories is for me each day. Any suggestions? It looks like I'm staying between 1300 and 1800. I don't want to go too low because I don't want to crash and burn and go crazy with the chocolate. I want to take this slowly and healthily.

4 comments:

Betsy Hite Reddoch said...

If your goal is to lose weight slowly and healthfully then the amount of calories that you should be eating can be found at this site http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr/ This tool tells you your BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) which is the amount of calories that you shouldn't eat below for more than a day or so (or your body will think it's starving). It also tells you the amount of calories you'll need at your goal weight, the idea being that if you start eating like that smaller healthier person, eventually you'll become that smaller healthier person. I'm just full of fun helpful tips!

Are you coming to our ward's Biggest Loser group tonight at Debbie's? It's the first meeting and I'll be helping out. You should come!

naomi3 said...

Doesn't that pomegranate juice have a ton of sugar in it? It is kind of bitter. Gavin brought it home one day. Kind of an acquired taste.

neicesusan said...

See you tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!Keep the good work up...

neicesusan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.